The camp site is by the famous pearl of nature, Geysir. It is located across from Geysir Bistro and the Geysir store. The camp site is a peaceful camp site in a beautiful nature.
See more information here below.
The camp site is in a walking distance from the hot springs area, the forest Haukadalsskógur and all the services offered in the area.
The service house has showers, toilets, washing facilities, waste disposal and the camp site warden is located there. There is electricity in the upper area but the lower area is meant for tents. It is directly across from the restaurant where they offer fresh fish or meat, selection of soups, pizza, salad, ice cream and much more. There is also a coffe house and a store. At Hotel Geysir is a restaurant with lunch and dinner and a la carte menu.
There is a lot to do in the area. The golf course Haukadalsvöllur is close by (www.geysirgolf.is), a horse rental is at the farm Kjóastaðir by Geysir, river rafting and riverjet (http://www.icelandriverjet.is/) as well as salmon fishing in the river Tungufljóti. A great multimedia museum is by the store at Geysir where you can learn a lot about Icelandic nature. You can feel the power in Icelandic nature and learn about volcanic eruptions, avalanches, earthquakes, northern lights and ice caves.Opening time
15th of may to the 15th of september
Camp site rules
- The camp site is paid in the service house upon arrival.
- Traffic of motor vehicles is not allowed between 24:00 – 08:00.
- At midnight the area must be quiet.
- Do not cause damage to the nature
- Garbage must be put in garbage containers
- Electricity must be paid in the service house before use
- Breaking these rules might result in expulsion from the area.
- The camp site is not held responsible for the properties of the guests.
- The children are at the responsibility of the adults on and off the playground.
The employees at the camp site strive to meet the guests demands and wishes. For any questions or wishes please turn to the camp site warden.
Adults: 1.800 kr
Children (8 – 15 years): 500 kr
Children (0-7 year): free
Senior citizens and the disabled: 1.000 kr
Electricity: 900 kr fyrir 24 klst
Shower: 500 kr
The camp site is paid in the service house upon arrival.