The camp site is spacious with trees as a shelter. The camp site is divided into several smaller areas. There is also a specific area for mobile home and sleeping cars.
See more information here below.
The national park in Skaftafell was founded in 1967. In 2008 it became a part of the Vatnajökull National Park.
In Skaftafell you can find many and diverse walking paths that suits all. The landscape is extremely beautiful and a short distance to glaciers or mountains.The camp site is spacious with trees all around. It is divided into smaller areas and there is a special area for mobile homes with access to electricity.
The Skaftafell Visitor Centre offers an information desk and a cafeteria . Free internet access is also available in and around the visitor centre. On the wall beside the entrance is a mailbox.Opening dates
- Adults (18-66 years) : 1.750 kr.
- Senior citizens (67 years and older) and the disabled: 1.500 kr.
- Children (13 to 17 years) travelling with adults: 1.000 kr.
- Children (12 years and younger) travelling with adults: Free
When two nights or more are paid there is a 300 kr discount pr individual for each night after the first night.
Example: A couple that pays for one night pays 1.750 kr for each plus 500 kr for the camping unit, total of 4.000 kr. But if two nights are paid at the same time the price is 300 kr lower for each individual and the extra night would be 3.400 kr. Total for two nights would be 7.400 kr.
- Electricity (for each 24 hours): 1.000 kr
- Shower: included
- Washing machine: 500 kr
Group discount: 10 person group or more: 10% discount of the pr person price if paid when arrived and paid for the whole group together.
Group bookings for electricity 2020
- Bookings for electricity is to be made through email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only reserved for one group pr day (minimum 10 cars in a group)
- Bookings need to be made at least two months in advance.
- One payment for the whole group.
- Bookings for groups who are not using electricity are not possible.